- Place and date of the competition: Combarro. Saturday, 4 September 2021
- Departure time of participants from Combarro: 06:30
- Departure time of the boat: 07:00
- Arrival to Ons: 08:15
- Departure of the first group from Ons: 08:45
- Departure of the second group from Ons: 09:05
- Departure of the third group from Ons: 09:25
- Departure of the fourth group from Ons: 09:45
- Departure of the fifth group from Ons: 10:05
- Distance and itinerary: 23 kilometres from beach of Area dos Cans in Ons Island and Combarro, passing by Sanxenxo and Poio.
2021 Edition – Presentation
Organization: Atlantic Extreme Sports specialsing in the organization of sport events including the organization of the open water swimming Costa Serena (4 km, 2,7 km and 800 metres and two contests for children with 500 participants), in Nigrán (Galicia), with the collaboration of the sports club Tumetapersonal.
Wetsuit use: Compulsory
Kayak support: On top of motorboat support, swimmers will be accompanied by kayaks throughout the course.
Maximum number of participants: 120. The organisation may reserve some places for sponsor and collaborator obligations.
Priority registration will be given to swimmers who have completed the the first two heats: Swimmers who have completed the first two heats Cíes-Baiona (15 km) 2018 and O Grove-O Grove (12 km) 2019 will be given priority when it comes to registering for the third heat.
Categories: Absolute male and female. Participants must be 18 years old the day of the competition and it is open for licensed and non licensed swimmers. Participants who are under the age of 18 at the time of the heat must send authorisation signed by a parent or legal guardian via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the time of registration, swimmers must provide proof of having completed a 12 km heat in the past four years. The swim in which they participated and their time must be indicated in the registration.
Registration fee: 195 Euros (VAT inclu.)
-Friday, 3 September:
Technical meeting in Poio (Monastery of San Juan). Participants will be given the official pack including: T-Shirt, Cap, bag, chip, ID to attend the mixer and dinner, tournament ID number for the cloakroom service and presents for the participants, who will be asked about their T-Shirt size at the registration.
-Saturday, 4 September:
Transfer of the participants by boat from Combarro to the Ons Island where the departure will take place.
Mixer-dinner for all participants in Poio.
Party in Poio where the trophies will be awarded and a raffle with presents for all participants will be organized. All swimmers completing the heat will be awarded a commemorative plaque. There will also be a special plaque and presents for the participants that have completed the three different heats of the Triple Crown (57 km).
- Other services included
- Cloakroom service at the departure and arrival.
- Physiotherapy service at the arrival.
- Electronic timing by chip.
- Streaming transmission of the heat via Internet
- Showers and lockers at the arrival.
- Live rankings.
- Liability and accidents insurance.
- Medical attention during and the end of the competition. There will be doctors on the mortorships that will support the competition. There will be also medical support on land ready to act if necessary.
- Six provisioning points during the competition with food and beverages.
- Provisioning at the arrival.
- Award and presents for the first three classified swimmers in the female and male categories.
- Prize for the absolute winners of the three heats.
- Prize for the youngest and most veteran swimmer.
- Masks for all participants in the finish line.
- Gifts for swimmers who complete the three heats.
- Professional video and photographer. Pictures will be available for download for free.
- The registration will also include the cost of support vessels and volunteers and the signalling of the course.
Registrations for the third heat of the Triple Corona Illas Atlánticas (The Atlantic Islands Triple Crown), which will be held on 4th September 2021, will be via the website www.championchipnorte.com.
At 9:59 am on 3 May, an initial registration period will be opened ONLY for swimmers who have completed the first two heats. These swimmers may register until 26 April at 9.59am. If they fail to register in this period, they will lose the right to a place.
At 10 am on 3 May, the second registration period will be opened for remaining participants until 1st August or until all 120 places have been filled.
Responsibility and security commtiment. When registering, the swimmer accepts the responsibility and security commitment (see safety section).