Place and date of the competition: Vilagarcía de Arousa. Saturday, 2 September 2017
Departure time of participants from Vilagarcía de Arousa: 06:30
Departure time of the boat: 07:00
Arrival to Sálvora: 08:15
Departure of the first group from Sálvora: 08:45
Departure of the second group from Sálvora: 09:30
Departure of the third group from Sálvora: 10:15
Distance and itinerary: 28 kilometres from beach of Almacén in Sálvora Island and the beach of Compostela, in Vilagarcía de Arousa, passing by O Grove, Cambados, Illa de Arousa and Vilanova de Arousa..
Organization: Atlantic Extreme Sports specialsing in the organization of sport eventsincluding the organization of the open water swimming Costa Serena (4.8 km and two contests for children with 500 participants), in Nigrán (Galicia), with the collaboration of the sports club Tumetapersonal.
Wetsuit use: Compulsory
Kayak support: On top of motorboat support, swimmers will be accompanied by kayaks throughout the course.
Maximum number of participants: 100
Categories: Absolute male and female. Participants must be 18 years old the day of the competition and it is open for licensed and non licensed swimmers.
Registrarion fee: 150 Euros.
Technical meeting in Vilagarcía de Arousa (Municipal Auditorium). Participants will be given the official pack including: T-Shirt, Cap, bag, chip, ID to attend the mixer and dinner, tournament ID number for the cloakroom service and presents for the participants, who will be asked about their T-Shirt size at the registration.
-Saturday, 2 September:
Transfer of the participants by boat from Vilagarcía de Arousa to the Sálvora Island where the departure will take place.
Mixer-dinner for all participants including a sampling of local products such as mussels from the Arousa estuary and Carril clams.
Party in Vilagarcía de Arousa where the trophies will be awarded and a raffle with presents for all participants will be organized. All swimmers completing the heat will be awarded a commemorative plaque. There will also be a special plaque and presents for the participants that have completed the three different heats of the Triple Crown (57 km).
- Other services included
- Cloakroom service at the departure and arrival
- Physiotherapy service at the arrival
- Electronic timing by chip
- Streaming transmission of the heat via Internet
- Showers and lockers at the arrival
- Live rankings
- Liability and accidents insurance
- Medical attention during and the end of the competition. There will be doctors on the mortorships that will support the competition. There will be also medical support on land ready to act if necessary.
- Six provisioning points during the competition with food and beverages
- Provisioning at the arrival.
- Award and presents for the first three classified swimmers in the female and male categories.
- Professional video and photographer. Pictures will be available for download for free.
- The registration will also include the cost of support vessels and volunteers and the signalling of the course.
Registration date: Registration will start on 1 February and will close on 15 July or until all positions are filled. When registering, the swimmer must specify his/her participation in at least one competition of a minimum of 10,000 metres or more in the last three years and indicate, location and time.
Responsibility and security commtiment. When registering, the swimmer accepts the responsibility and security commitment (see safety section)